Epuerto's 55g corner build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
10 days
i was just in the chat room talking with a bio chemist lol he said my ammonia most likely spiked because of my no3- waste from bacteria and that i would be fine if i just did a water change to remove the ammonia and no3-
lol^

As long as your doing a fishless cycle I wouldn't do a water change just yet. I would wait and run a few more tests to collect some data about what's going on in there. And if you're in no rush, it'll work itself out lol

Tough to say (its been a while since my tank cycled lol). Just continue your tests and it will either spike or drop off the charts. The biggest key to SW is patience, nothing happens quickly.

I would wait. A water change in a tank that's not cycled is just delaying the process. Best to wait till you're reading 0 ammonia 0 nitrite an then go ahead with a WC

Yea but you don't know if its on its way up or down lol. After 10 days I'm thinking up, though I'm by no means an expert. My tank took about a month to cycle

Not much. I have a 75gallon and I started with about 90lbs of sand and just a couple pieces of LR, maybe 30lbs or so.

I honestly couldn't tell ya. Its been almost 2 years lol. It seems like you're right on track though. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. Just continue to test and one day ammonia an nitrites will just be gone. Then your ready for your WC and I waited an extra week to start adding some fish just to be sure.

Epuerto said:
So just wait for the ammonia and nitrites to go to zero? lol im almost there!!!!!!!

Maybe..I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself. If your ammonia hasn't spiked yet then it could be a few more weeks, but things are def headed in the right direction.

Well that's your call. If I had to do it again, as far as fish, black and white clowns, they look awesome. A good fish for your tank would be a sixline wrasse, small fish, always darting in and out of the rocks, I like mine. You'd have to read up on how many you could house (if there's not enough LR a pair could fight, possibly to the death) but I also have a firefish, very cool looking little fish. Finds a hole or cave to call home and will kinda "hover" above it, anything scares or startles him an he shoots back in. I'm not sure the number of fish that you'll be able to house but some good starter fish for sure.

http://liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15

This is where I like to research the fish I buy, haven't actually bought anything from them but its a good way to learn

Back
Top Bottom