Epuerto's 55g corner build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well that's your call. If I had to do it again, as far as fish, black and white clowns, they look awesome. A good fish for your tank would be a sixline wrasse, small fish, always darting in and out of the rocks, I like mine. You'd have to read up on how many you could house (if there's not enough LR a pair could fight, possibly to the death) but I also have a firefish, very cool looking little fish. Finds a hole or cave to call home and will kinda "hover" above it, anything scares or startles him an he shoots back in. I'm not sure the number of fish that you'll be able to house but some good starter fish for sure.

Saltwater Fish: Marine Aquarium Fish for Saltwater Aquariums

This is where I like to research the fish I buy, haven't actually bought anything from them but its a good way to learn
Thanks for the info i was definatly thinking about a diamond goby those things are just so cool to me and a pair of black clowns sounds cool there were actually some ate my local petco 2 of them lol 1" each. should i get small ones or big?

I would stay away from any sand-sifting fish. I had a dragon goby and it was a huge mistake. LS all over my LR and coral. Major PITA getting him out too. As far as the clowns, smaller just means they're younger and have the potential to live longer in your tank.

I would stay away from any sand-sifting fish. I had a dragon goby and it was a huge mistake. LS all over my LR and coral. Major PITA getting him out too. As far as the clowns, smaller just means they're younger and have the potential to live longer in your tank.

Thanks for the good info! lol i forgot about those storys
I was thinking about
1 clown (black and white or yellow striped maroon i think there beautiful)
1 cleaner shrimp
1 sixline wrasse ( or a longfin fairy wrasse )
and i dont know what else
Help me out here lol

Yellow striped maroon is a very nice fish as well. Cleaner shrimp are also very cool. I had one..HAD :(..once they get used to you, if you put your hand near him very slowly he will jump on you and start cleaning you like he would a fish. I forget the rule of thumb on inches of fish per gallon but you def don't want to add them all at once. Take it slow and add them a week or 2 apart. Add them too quickly and your tank won't have a chance to adjust to the bioload or your new inhabitants.

Yea he had molted and when they molt they hide and are very soft for a few days. Well one of my emeralds found his hiding spot and that was the end of him lol. My tank is nothing special as I was initally gonna do a "predator tank" with a lion fish, porcupine puffer, non reef safe wrasses and an eel. Then I changed my mind an decided to try a community tank with a few corals. Now I'm transitioning to a full blown reef. I also am waiting to upgrade from my 75 gallon to a 125 gallon that's at my dads house. I have to reseal it and I'm thinking about building the stand myself (used to do carpentry and my dad has his own sawmill..free wood!! lol)

Yea he had molted and when they molt they hide and are very soft for a few days. Well one of my emeralds found his hiding spot and that was the end of him lol. My tank is nothing special as I was initally gonna do a "predator tank" with a lion fish, porcupine puffer, non reef safe wrasses and an eel. Then I changed my mind an decided to try a community tank with a few corals. Now I'm transitioning to a full blown reef. I also am waiting to upgrade from my 75 gallon to a 125 gallon that's at my dads house. I have to reseal it and I'm thinking about building the stand myself (used to do carpentry and my dad has his own sawmill..free wood!! lol)

haha do you got an aim so we can talk faster?
myn is epyankee96

Alright i did a water test today and this is what i got
tell me what you think

Attachments

• test pictures 001.jpg
    test pictures 001.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 124
  • test pictures 004.jpg
    test pictures 004.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 101
  • test pictures 003.jpg
    test pictures 003.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 91
  • test pictures 005.jpg
    test pictures 005.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 111
I think your progressing. Gotta wait for some nitrites I'd think though. Not sure why you have nitrates.....

Just clean it up some. It will look fine. Or use it for the base of your rocks so you cant see it lol

It might take longer than a few days. You really want your ammonia to spike so that you have a good bioload available when you put your critters in.

It might take longer than a few days. You really want your ammonia to spike so that you have a good bioload available when you put your critters in.

true but i could never really now if my ammonia spiked before the test kit

"The world, may never know"
-Tootsie pop announcer

It probably didnt in the few days you were running. Its better to be sure. You never used any ammonia or shrimp did you? Just the rock?

Yeah if it were me I'd definitely wait it out at least a week. I saw ammonia readings on my lr almost immediately but mine came right out of a established tank and was kept submerged on the drive home. I had to add ammonia though to get up to 4ppm.

Back
Top Bottom