Equipment once over!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Etunes

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i am trying to figure out prices for my saltwater tank i will
be getting ready to make in about a month. So here i go, please give me tips
on what you think i have missing and need.

What i need:
Live rock - pending
Aragonite sand - pending
Protein skimmer - $130.00
ro di filter, great deals on Pet Supplies, Home Garden on eBay!
ATO - $80.00
Aquarium Maintenance & Plumbing: Auto Top Off Controller
refractometer - $25.00
Coralife RO/DI unit - $160.00
Coralife Pure-Flo II - 50 GPD 3 Canister RO/DI System
Power head - $20 to $30

Sump:
25 gallon tank - $35.00
Fish Tank/Aquarium
plexiglass - I assume like $15.00
Return Pump (version 9000, 1017 GPH) - $58.00

Any equipment i am forgetting? I know i need the actual salt for
the water, but what kind of salt should i use? Also how much Aragonite and live rock do you think i need?

If this is for the 90, you might want more than 1 pwerhead for a high, chaotic flow IMO, is the tank drilled, if not than an oveflow box will be needed. LR I like 1 1/2 to 2 lbs per gallon

I am sorry i left some things out. It is a 90 gallon corner tank. It is drilled with a overflow. And i did forget to put 2 power heads to get not just 1. And with me never doing a salty before i never really have to worry about a heater being in Florida but i do plan on getting 1 just in case. And a light. Again sorry.

What do you suggest for a light? it is 25" deep so it is kinda deep for a normal tank.

Its pretty hot in south carolina but Ill be ####ed if my AC isnt on 60 deg year round. LOL

HAHAHAHAHA.:onfire:

I always have my A/C around 75 degrees. So my tanks usually stay cool but not freezing.

Back to what i was talking about, What do you suggest for a light? it is 25" deep so it is kinda deep for a normal tank.

I dont know how to make 1.:confused:

You only need like 7 things xD

I know there's a link to a step by step thing somewhere I just forgot where it is..

All you need is:

float switch(es)
12V wall transformer
12V/115VAC relay
wire
tubing
a reservoir
and a PH or the Aqua lifter

It's quite simple, when I get the parts I'll post it in my build thread.

Man, i have determined something about your first salty tank. It will make you broke.

Now let me ask you this. At the moment i am on live aquaria drooling over the corals. What kind of light do you think i need for certain corals. I like every coral but i seem to really be attrcated to the LPS, SPS, and polyps. And i like some of the soft coral. What kind of light do i need to support most of these? mostly the LPS and SPS.

Do anemones need special lighting or anything or any special care?

Anemones need strong lighting as do most coral. T5HO will get you by with some and others will need MH. Im not a fan of PC but Ive heard others have had much success with them.

Back
Top Bottom