***Equipment questions***

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weeztankx

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok I have been donig some window shopping and I have a few questions for you salt guys. What kind of wave maker should I get or what kind is popular among you salt guys found this one I like
SEA SWIRL AQUARIUM WAVEMAKER
and this one but it looks like just a head to me and I cant figure how it would work?
Koralia Controllable Wave Pumps | Wavemakers | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com

Ok now on to reactors do you guys use them? If so why could some one please explain there funtion better then the stores add?

Another thing is this
Litermeter III 3 Channel Dosing System | Dosing Equipment | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com

Not that I am going to buy one or anything just want to know if it does what I think it does. I think it is kinda lika a chem check and balence system for your tank I am probably way off so please don't laugh to hard!

Ok guys one more thing and I will let you alone for a bit this thread got longer then I had planned. It is a waset collecter sounds like a good idea. Here it is.
Waste Collectors | Protein Skimmer Parts & Accessories | Protein Skimmers | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com

I forgot all about this store I found all this stuff at it is about a hour from my house they have everything a man could want well maybe not everything lol. Thank for your time and any help I get! Man there is alot to learn!

The koralia is a DC power head that you need a controler to vary the flow based on the voltage your as sending them. you can program the controler to use multiple heads.

As far as the waste collector, it even says in the description that it is for improperly adjusted skimmers....waste of money

Wavemakers - The SeaSwirl is just a swiveling return outlet that directs current to different places in your tank. Great product, but it doesn't do anything by itself - you need to have it plumbed into your return line from your sump, or have it plumbed into it's own pump. The Koralia on the otherhand is actually a powerhead that is controlled to vary the output flow. It doesn't swivel, but by varying the output, you can simulate waves and such.

Reactors - I don't use one. Assuming you mean a calcium reactor, unless you have a huge amount of calcium hogging corals, in my opinion you don't need one.

Litermeter - all depends on if you're going to be dosing anything in your tank. Only thing it does is supply small quantites of liquid to your tank, normally on a timed basis. Can be used for fresh water top offs, adding calcium (kalk), or water ever else you dream up.

Waste Collector - what you linked to is only for that one specific brand and type of protein skimmer. It will only do you any good if you have that brand/type. Many skimmers come with some option to deal with the potential overflow situation if you don't empty your skimmer cup. And some are designed so that an overflow doesn't happen - it just overflows back into your tank. And some skimmers will overflow for no good reason at all because they're just hunks of junk! I guess the lesson here is... just research skimmers before you buy, and get one that doesn't have known problems!

Back
Top Bottom