equipments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was thinking when I decide on a sump is PVC piping good choose can't I buy a sump already made for a refugium or Berlin system what the difference with algae scrubber and mud method i know algae Scrubber helps with nitrate and phosphate I see ecostystem www.ecosystemaquarium.com Michael palletta uses it he's a reef aquarist I also have his book the new marine aquarium created of filter is Lang sy what I understand so far that system less maintenance and water changes I'm still stuck on filter system can't decide what sump I want to do wet/ dry system you need to clean often I hear why is it hard to decide

Yes white PVC pipe safe for use on drinking water and sumps. I'll bet you could use the black ABS but as it's used for sewage in regular plumbing most people won't. Including me! Please be aware that PVC is Polyvinylchloride will release chloride (poisonous) gas when burned or cut by a fast moving saw.

As for a sump/filter your on your own. good luck.

I have black ABS for half of my plumbing. I got the tank and half of the plumbing from craigslist. Read a bunch of articles about the debate whether it's safe or not. I concluded that it is fine and don't know how old the plumbing is for sure, but it's over a year old. All fish, inverts, and corals are fine. However start out safe, go with PVC.

Back
Top Bottom