establishing a live/fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbarnes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a newly established 90 gallon tank and I am interested in making it a live rock/fish tank. I currently only have damsels in the tank so before buying more fish should I invest in the rock and lighting? Also, does anyone know a good site to purchase affordable lighting for live rock. I realize the added expense will be abundant--so is it worth it?
Thank you from a new tank owner taht wants to do it right the first time and not by trial and error.
CB

Welcome to AA! You've come to the right place for a wealth of information!

You don't need special lights for the live rock (it's the corals that will get you)! If you're going to eventually want a reef tank then you should start with the best lights you can afford because otherwise you'll just end up replacing them.

Live rock from LR.com is great rock and much less expensive than the LR at your LFS.

Good luck and enjoy!

You said your tank is established. How mature is the tank? If you dont plan on keeping the damsels you should get rid of thembefore adding LR. It will be very hard to remove them later. A NO lighting setup will be fine for a FOWLR. Tell us more about the setup and we may be able to help a bit more

Back
Top Bottom