Okay, lights are mounted about 6" above water level. The tank is open and ofcourse, as expected evaporating. No big deal. The problem is that the water is 'spritzing' out. The acrylic light cover already has some salt on it from the spritzing. The lfs
suggested putting glass panels on the little shelf around the top of the tank, but due to the cords from the ph and the light brackets, that wouldn't work. The ph are 6" and 8" below the water line. Should I lower them more? Any ideas to keep the evaporation to a minimum and keep the light cover clear?