Evaporation! Need help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMedina

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so i my tank just finish the cycle but every day it keeps evaporating the water a lit bit more. The room temp is about 78-82 F, the tank don't receive any sunlight and the temp in tank is a 78F steady temp every-time. I have a hob filter a marine land bio wheel by the way its a 20g tank if need any info let me now
Thanks

save your self the head ache and invest in a good auto top off system.. the water will evaporate and cause your salt levels to go crazy

Oka i got another question should the water be at the same level the water in the hob filter falls or less ?

You mean the output of the filter? So the waters not falling into the aquarium? Water level doesn't really matter as long as you know where it should be to maintain your salinity, I use standard aquariums and fill them up to just the bottom of the rim. I do this so I know where the water should be when I'm topping off

Oka i got another question should the water be at the same level the water in the hob filter falls or less ?

I always try to keep the water level high enough so my HOB filter return water doesn't splash when it falls back into the tank, but I don't like noise from my system.

Ok thanks guys

Also i will be buying my first set of invertebrates any suggestion

ATO is the way to go. I have a 20 gallon and if you let the water level raise and fall, the salt level goes crazy.Not good. In a small tank it will really drive you nuts. I just installed a auto top off system and my water level never changes.

Back
Top Bottom