ever used 12k coralvue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

force of habit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Am thinking about ordering 2 12k coralvue 250w mh lamps. Has any one used these? Will they help make up for lack of other lighting?

They are new on the market and not much is known about them right now. I have not heard anything bad about them though!

You could use from a 6.5k to a 20k. Most corals seem to have the best growth under the 6.5k bulbs and the best coloration using the 10k and up. The most common setup without actinic supplementation is to use 20k bulbs. My guess is you'd be better off with either the 15k or the 20k...the 20k will be bluer than the 15k. Just out of curiosity...what are they going to cost you?

I remember seeing on RC that the 20K were a little more blue and actually had a highter par value than the 15K's did. I just got 2 coralvue electronic ballasts w/ 10K coralvue bulbs and love them. They are very bright, however I would like some actinic lighting to go along with them. I was going to go with the 20K but decided not to then.

That's not bad...very close to my prices on them. I know what they cost from the manufacturer and I kinda wanted to 1) See what others were charging and 2) Make sure you weren't about to get ripped off :mrgreen: .
I have talked to David at Vue Technologies a couple of times and he seems to be a very nice and very sincere guy. He is also a hobbiest who didn't like the ridiculous cost of MH lighting. He is an engineer who specialized in the design and installation of underwater lighting systems for the Navy and others.

Back
Top Bottom