Evil Fish!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouldFever

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389829967.805101.jpg Oh how I HATE this pain in my [Moderator edit]! Gonna be forced to pull my tank apart just to get this sum[moderator edit] out of there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I especially like this quote:

I have one last word of advice. Remember that we are just talking about removing a fish from an aquarium. These are animals with a brain anywhere from the size of a BB to a pea. Allowing one to outsmart you is a disgrace to the human species. When making the first removal attempt, it is sometimes helpful to play Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" in the background, a la Robert Duvall's Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore's character from Apocalypse Now. It lets the fish know who the boss is. I love the smell of fish water in the morning. Da dadada da, da dadada da, da dadada da, da dada daaa…

I had good luck catching clowns with this method. Leave the net in the tank next to the feeding area. For two to four days while feeding the fish gently move the net like it's another fish. Keep the net vertical and not too much larger than the fish. Soon you will be able to bully the selected fish while not trying to catch it. After several feedings he will be used the this new net fish. Then start like normal and scoop him up. If you miss give it a few more feedings and try it again. Small feedings will keep him hungry.

Plan F. Split your rock into two piles on each side of the tank. Cut a piece of egg crate to split your tank into two parts. Once you know what side your fish in on remove rock to the other side or a container with tank water. When he has no place to hide you can chase him until he gives up. This it how I removed my full grown Snowflake Eel from my 225 gallon DT. With this plan you only destroy half of your tank. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom