exactly what is "over feeding"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stumpy

Aquarium Advice Activist
The reason I ask is that I am starting to get some hair algea on the sandbed. I watch closely when I feed my 2 clowns and they seem to eat 90% of the food and what makes it to the bottom is quickly eaten by the 2 shrimp and/or crabs.

The liquids for frozen foods is just excess nutrients. it is not part of the edible food and will only put your chemistry out of whack. High phosphates will lead to problems with algae.

The juices are notriously high in phosphates. Phosphates is fuel for undesirable algaes.

I feed flake, pellets, frozen shrimp. I try to drain the juice but those little shrimp are hard to keep in the cup while I drain the juice.

I try to drain the juice but those little shrimp are hard to keep in the cup while I drain the juice.
get a brine shrimp net at the LFS. Thaw the shrimp cube in there and then rinse it with RO/DI water. I suggest a second soaking in a vitamin suppliment of some kind.

Back
Top Bottom