Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-11-2006, 08:42 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Experience with "Red Sea" Lab Tests

I have been using Red Sea brand lab tests. I find results are not always easy to determine. For example, my alkalinity results are pale, clear blue.... a shade that is offered nowhere on the color card! It has also been difficult to match other results with the various card colors.. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem or could recommend a better brand or solution.

BTW. I always stand in clear, natural lighting to read results and hold my test tube against a white background to get a clear view.

Becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:03 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Sorry, I don't have experience with the red sea kits, but sometimes odd colors are explained in the booklet, if you haven't already read it. I use the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals SW Master Kit, and I like it a lot.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:25 AM   #3
Some are ok but I believe it is the alk test I hate. Is that the one that says to look through the open hole?

I will be replacing mine with Sailfert soon.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com