False Percula vs Ocellaris Clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
What are the different between these 2? I am hearing the False Percula are the same as Ocellaris Clown.....??? Is this true??

Alright.... So a False Per and Ocellaris and co-exist with each other?
I am just wondering cause I bought a Ocellaris Clown yesterday and I want to save some money and get other Ocellaris at Petco...... But the Ocellaris at petco are named False Perc/Ocellaris.... So i am jut wondering if it's ok to still buy it an it wouldn't be a problem..... I don't want them beating the crap out of each other.....

False perc and ocellaris are both Amphiprion ocellaris. They are one in the same so yes they can be purchased separately and paired.

False perc and ocellaris are both Amphiprion ocellaris. They are one in the same so yes they can be purchased separately and paired.

They can be paired, but it doesn't mean they'll be "paired"... if you know what I mean. There's still the chance one will beat the heck out of the other.

I would watch buying the fish from petco. You need to be careful. I know there are some good petcos out there, but I have been hearing about a lot of Petcos that arn't doing to well in the fish department. I was in there the other day and there was 5 dead fish in the tank! Most of which had ich. So just be observant when you go in there and make sure to watch them eat, and watch their movements!!!!

Back
Top Bottom