Fast growing Corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TeenReefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
What corals grow faster than others? I just ordered a 2x65 watt coralife system for my 29 gallon tank and im looking into what types of corals i would like to get. id like some polyps or something that can colonize and spread out as long as they grow fast, with supplements of course!

Maybe some xenia, mushrooms, or even polyps like you said. They will all grow pretty fast. Any leathers will grow pretty fast too but just be careful because they get big quick! If you want something that grows really fast you could get some aptasia! :) jk I think frogspawn and hammer corals grow pretty quick also. Just make sure when you're doing supplements you test your water BEFORE you put any in and also test it weekly or at least bi-weekly to see if its helping any. HTH Happy Easter!

I'd consider medium growers. If fast, all your 29g space would be gone in no time - and by then you'll see other corals you might want, but won't have any room. 'Course you can always frag anything that gets out of hand.

Frogspawn and hammer might grow fast, but don't spread. You looking for "spreaders" right? Stuff that moves from rock to rock.

I've had much experience with corals but to me, from all the corals i have, zoos grows the fastest. I got a frag of 7 polyps and now after 3 months, it has more than 20 polyps 0.o Good stuff

Mushrooms are fast spreaders.Also if your looking for someting that grows quick I would suggest a colt coral. Also bubble corals also. But as mentioned earlier, in a 29 be careful what you wish for.

athenia! it will cover the tank in no time. not that bad looking either but you will have to trim it back pretty often.

Anthelia, zoos, colt, and xenia are all really fast growers. Like Ray said though, with a 29gal tank they can quickly fill your tank and get out of hand.

all are good choices but none will grow fast if your tank is not running right... water quality is a must and keeping a stable tank is a must in smaller tanks..

Back
Top Bottom