Feed every day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyR6Rocks

Aquarium Advice Activist
New to saltwater and feed combination of mysis shrimp daily, mixed with either formula two, or pellet food. My stock consists of 2 tangs, 2 clowns, dwarf angel, goby, and basslets. Plus super nasaurus snail, fighting conch, 2 mex turbos, purple urchin, 2 red Cortez crabs, 2 peppermint shrimp. So my question is feed a little daily, or every other day? It's 90 gallons

I feed heavily once a day. But its okay for me because my skimmer is rated for 3 times my tank size.

Can your tank handle the load? I feed every other day. I guess keep an eye on your ammo and trites/trates . Keep them low. If yo start seeing them rise cut back. I'm thinking of going to everyday as I have no ammo no trates no trites and no phosphates either. I'm sure that make my fishy friends happy.

Feeding every other day or every 2 days won't hurt and will keep the excess nutrients down. Many say it's best to feed small amounts frequently, which I agree, but who has the time and effort to keep up w/ the maintenance? If you can feed small amounts every day then keep doing it. If you want to change your feeding schedule then I change it slowly and get them used to being fed less often.

Back
Top Bottom