Feeding clown goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, I have another question. I added a clown goby to my pico reef over the weekend, and I haven't seen it eat yet. I tried feeding a little bit of NLS small fish formula, but the goby wasn't interested. Yesterday, I bought some baby brine shrimp and tried to feed that, but this was the smallest BBS I have ever seen! :? Again, the goby didn't go for it, at least not that I saw. Am I way off base here with my food selections? Is there something else that I should be trying to feed? Please help, I don't want my goby to starve. :(

TIA!!!

Food is fine but I'd feed frozen like San Fransisco Bay, Ocean Nutrition, ect.. instead of brine. It's only been a couple of days but if it goes more then 5 days I'd be more worried.

I use Kent Garlic Extreme, Selcon, & Zoe to help boost their immune and help entice them to eat.

It was frozen BBS.

What other frozen foods would he like? I have mysis, but it's awfully large... I am guessing I'd have to chop it?

I assume your Clown Goby is around 1". Most frozen is going to have to be cut so it can fit it's mouth. Could be why it has rejected the food offered so far.

Well, the frozen BBS was TINY in comparison to the goby's mouth, lol! I've purchased BBS before, but nothing that looked like this. I know it isn't that nutritious, but IME most fish find it irresistable so I bought it to entice him to eat. I don't know if he didn't notice it, or what. The goby is actually about 1.5 inch.

I agree with Micah, add the garlic guard, selcon and zoe, the garlic may get him to eat.

I also agree try those and see if it makes a difference. If I could make a suggestion. When you buy your fish make sure you see them eat before you get them. This would cure alot of problems of getting them and they dont eat. I know alot of fish are bought online and that might be the case here but even more reason to buy from the LFS and see them eat. I hope all goes well in your goby eating.

Thanks for the suggestions! The goby ate a couple bites of mysis a while ago, so that is good news.

When you buy your fish make sure you see them eat before you get them.

I agree, and I generally do this! I can't believe it slipped my mind.

Are there any other frozen foods I should try? At this point I am still somewhat unfamiliar with marine fish formulas, so I would love to hear what you all feed.

I just noticed tonight, my new angel fish wanted to come out to eat, but saw me and went back into hiding. Try a dine and dash, drop in your food and leave or at least get farther away and give him a chance to come out.

:lol: The ol' dine n' dash! :lol:
That's a good idea. I've had to do this with my discus before.

BTW- I love Lamarck's angel. I hear the genicanthus species are generally a safe bet in a reef. I hope your angel starts eating well. 8)

severum mama said:
I love Lamarck's angel. I hear the genicanthus species are generally a safe bet in a reef. I hope your angel starts eating well.
Thanks, I like him too, if I can see him. I figured I needed to put something else in my 125, other than a 1 inch green chromis! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom