Feeding corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColBen112

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello I've been keeping a reef for some time and I'm just looking to get opinions from other people what they feed there corals what works best! My coral list is
Frogspawn, pulsating Xenia green star polyps dragon eye polyps and other polyps. What would you feed these guys! I have food I feed them but I want to see what other people would first!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing. None of those really eat. No photosynthetic corals need additional feeding. It just mucks up the water

As the above poster said. :)

i dont feed my corals except for my duncans on a very limited basis. It just makes your parameters get screwy and the corals you have will be just fine with just the light they receive.

I'll feed my euphies a mysis or 2 when I feed the tank mysis which is about once every other week. Z's and P's don't need to be fed. The only coral I feed regularly are my sps ( and not everyone agrees on this either)

I feed my corals (when I remember) to try to get them to grow faster, but on a limited basis to keep a low nutrient system.

Back
Top Bottom