Feeding options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rambo1224

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Still cycling my tank, but I want to start getting ready for feeding when I put my inverts and fish in tank. Unfortunately, access to the top of my tank is a little difficult so I'm wondering if there are "safe" alternative ways to feed. I have a sump tank with Fiji liverock that the water cycles thru. Can I put the food in the sump tank? Are the automatic feeders any good? Thanks

Why is it hard to get inside your tank the light or do you have a hood on it? Putting food in the sump doesn't seem like a good option since it will have to go through your pump to get into the tank. Automatic feeders is an option but then you will only be able to feed pellets and flakes which can increase your nitrates and your phosphates.

Why is it hard to get inside your tank the light or do you have a hood on it? Putting food in the sump doesn't seem like a good option since it will have to go through your pump to get into the tank. Automatic feeders is an option but then you will only be able to feed pellets and flakes which can increase your nitrates and your phosphates.
It's a 6ft cylinder tank with a hood on it. The hood comes off, but it's kind of a pain. Any other options available?

Back
Top Bottom