Feeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtlion

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering if it is ok to feed my nassarius snails a small piece of cooked, plain shrimp (the kind you buy frozen and thaw out in water). Didn't know if it mattered if the shrimp was raw or cooked. Thanks for the help!

Shouldnt matter, I use those for catfish bait and they eat em every time.

I didn't think it would matter as long as it is plain shrimp, just wanted to check with you all!

FYI the snails devoured the shrimp! Maybe a stupid question but I seem to have a lot of waste, both food and otherwise, around my tank. Will the snails be ok with eating just that, or will I have to keep supplementing their diet with meaty foods. I have no problem doing that every once in a while, but don't want to have to do it constantly. Thanks!

Hmmm, I didn't know they cooked shrimp in the ocean......

FYI the snails devoured the shrimp! Maybe a stupid question but Thanks!

That`s why I would not target feed them. One, is that it will leave a mess that will end up driving your excessive nutrients up and two, is that they get plenty to eat by just being scavangers. They will make a fairly clean tank a very clean tank. I would forgo the feeding.I have had them in my tank for several yrs and have never target fed them.

I agree with Mike. I have never spot fed any of my inverts.

Ok thanks alot guys! I will stop spot feeding them from now on (but it was neat to see them rise out of the sand like zombie snails!)

I've always fed mine and as long as the food is eaten it is not wasted.

Back
Top Bottom