Feeding really stupid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
Last week when I did a water change, I bought 2 5 gallons of salt water and 1 5 gallon fresh water. Well I siphoned out 10 gallons from my tank and replaced the water not knowing I put in my tank 1 5 gal salt and 1 5 gallon fresh. I caught what I did so quickly I siphoned out 5 gallons out of the tank and replaced it with 5 gallon salt. My salinity went from 1.025 to 1.22, then after the 5 gallon salt 1.024. Whew I felt really stupid not paying attention to what I was doing. One week has passed and my toadstool is not opening. It hasn't opend for 4 days now. Do you think this is a result of my mistake?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sometimes they can react to rapid changes in salinity but don't take that as the only possible reason. Sometimes something like a hermit can irritate them or they may not like the lighting or any number of reasons. And sometimes I think they do it for no other reason than they just don't want to. Since it opened up I would think no harm has been done. They are pretty resilient creatures. However, I would be careful because some of the things we collect for our tanks aren't as forgiving. Glad it is doing ok. :)

Back
Top Bottom