Feeding Schedule... Please advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

otrovago

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How often should you feed? I currently feed my 1 fish (Damsel) once a day 2-3 little pellets. My inverts and polyps (hitchikers on LR) every other day 3-4 drops of formula 1 invert food. I plan to have a clown, goby and another yet undecided fish. From what I've gothered I plan to feed once a day and 1 day dry foods and 1 day frozen. Is this ok? Too much? Too little? My tank has been up for a little over a month. I'm just planning everything out. Thanks in advance. :roll:

20gal
25lbs LR
20lbs LS
Livestock: 10 Dwarf Crabs, 10 Turbo Snails, 1 Pincushion Sea Urchin, 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 bicolored shrimp, lots of feather dusters and 2 clams.

Planned Fish:
1 Cinnamon Clown
1 Dwarf angel (Flame or other not yet decided)
1 Goby or Chromis

I've always been told once a day the amount that they'll eat in two minutes. You don't want leftover food and you don't want the fish being detritus machines, either. I've even heard to skip a day once a week so that, if need be, the bacteria can catch up.

Someone once also told me to feed at different times each day. This is so that the fish won't know when to expect food. In theory they should be happy to see you all of the time, not just at the usual feeding time. Pavlov says it'll work :D

Back
Top Bottom