Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
feeding tang

how often do you guys feed seaweed sheets or nori ie greens to your tangs?
the main question i have is i feed my yellow tang seaweed everyday and mysis or some other type of frozen meat every other day but within 1-2 hours hes eatin all the seaweed is that enough for him for the whole day or should i constantly keep one in there? the amount i feed him is 3" x 3" sheet of seaweed salad or nori

Old 07-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I keep a sheet in almost everyday, sometimes it takes 2 days for my tang, blenny and sea hare to eat it all.

Does the tang look hungry? Mine is actually getting fat but I think thats due to my overfeeding habits. I feed everyday though so that might be why mine doesnt get through the sheet i put in.

Did we get pictures Hack? i don't remember....if not you are in trouble!!! LOL

Old 07-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol yea i posted im the another thread called new additions i think hes just greedy i have 5 chromis 2 clowns 1 yellow tang 2 pajama cardinals 1 yellow watchmen and 1 jawfish the yellow tang is the only one who really goes at the seaweed he tears a big piece off eats most of it and the rest of the fish just nibble at his scraps
Old 07-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Maybe you do have a piggy fish then! lol As long as his body mass doesnt dwindle or he looks thin I would keep at what youre doing. Maybe add an extra piece of seaweed here and there to keep that monster of yours full.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

I put a sheet in everyday for my tomini and lavender tang. Usually by the end of the day it's gone. Sometimes I put in two because the lavender is a pig and tries to eat everything, so I want to make sure the tomini is getting enough too. I think I put in about the same size sheet as you, maybe its 4x4. Then whatever is left on the clip they couldn't eat I let it fall to the bottom and either they'll eat it, or the crab will later once the lights go out
Old 07-21-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks for the info i'll just start feeding 2 sheets everyday once in the morning and once at night

Tags
feeding, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com