feeding tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
how often do you guys feed seaweed sheets or nori ie greens to your tangs?
the main question i have is i feed my yellow tang seaweed everyday and mysis or some other type of frozen meat every other day but within 1-2 hours hes eatin all the seaweed is that enough for him for the whole day or should i constantly keep one in there? the amount i feed him is 3" x 3" sheet of seaweed salad or nori

I keep a sheet in almost everyday, sometimes it takes 2 days for my tang, blenny and sea hare to eat it all.

Does the tang look hungry? Mine is actually getting fat but I think thats due to my overfeeding habits. I feed everyday though so that might be why mine doesnt get through the sheet i put in.

Did we get pictures Hack? i don't remember....if not you are in trouble!!! LOL

lol yea i posted im the another thread called new additions i think hes just greedy i have 5 chromis 2 clowns 1 yellow tang 2 pajama cardinals 1 yellow watchmen and 1 jawfish the yellow tang is the only one who really goes at the seaweed he tears a big piece off eats most of it and the rest of the fish just nibble at his scraps

Maybe you do have a piggy fish then! lol As long as his body mass doesnt dwindle or he looks thin I would keep at what youre doing. Maybe add an extra piece of seaweed here and there to keep that monster of yours full.

I put a sheet in everyday for my tomini and lavender tang. Usually by the end of the day it's gone. Sometimes I put in two because the lavender is a pig and tries to eat everything, so I want to make sure the tomini is getting enough too. I think I put in about the same size sheet as you, maybe its 4x4. Then whatever is left on the clip they couldn't eat I let it fall to the bottom and either they'll eat it, or the crab will later once the lights go out

Thanks for the info i'll just start feeding 2 sheets everyday once in the morning and once at night

Back
Top Bottom