feeding tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
i got some ocean nutritin formula two food the frozen cubes should i break it up before putting it in the tank or just put the hole cube in or please tell me what i should do i only have a yellow tang and 1 damsel in the tank i want to order from dr. foster and smith like 3 more fish and some invertibrets i want to put them in my 20g QT tank before the main tank will that be ok and if it is how long should i leave them in there and will this be to many fish to add at one time or will it be ok thanks a lot this site is great i appreciate all the help i have gotten here

i used too cut the cubes down too size with a razor blade then put some tank water into a little contaner and shake it around and let it thaw the dump it into the tank, i had filter feeders in my tank also , so if you dont you may not wat the "soup" of water going imto your tank.

ok thanks any ideas about the fish im going to order if that will be ok

a midas blenny a heniochus black and white butterflyfish and a neon blue coby and i want to get a flame angel but i am going to wait on him but i am going to get some crabs snails and shrimp what are good hermits to get that play nice and how many spare shells do they need thanks

im not sure about the other fish iv never owned them, but i would get some blue leged hermits and get 10 or 15 and about 2 or 3 extra shels per hermit

jester said:
a heniochus black and white butterflyfish
What are the dimensions of your 60 gal? Bannerfish get quite large and would probabley not be a good option for that size tank.

what are good hermits to get that play nice and how many spare shells do they need thanks
Best hermits I find are lefthanded/zebra's. Very agile around corals and less likely to prey on snails. Cleaner and peppermint shrimp are good choices depending on other inverts/corals.

Cheers
Steve

it is a regular 60 g rectangle is that to small i am going to buy a new tank within 2 years how fast do they grow and if i dont get him what else is a good choice

A 60 gal tank being 48" in length should suffice for a start but I would not wait two years to upgrade the size. How fast the bannerfish grows will greatly depend on other inhabitabts it competes with for food and overall continued health.

All things being "ideal" I would say it would become cramped after 6-12 months in a 60 gal.

As far as other fish possibilities, I would instead suggest something that does not get above a max size of 5-6".. It would depend moreso on what type of tank yoiu wish to have as well?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom