Feeding zoas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feed Instant Ocean cyclopeeze twice a week. I squeeze globules that the my fish, star and pistol eat and then shake up the rest in a container of aquarium water, turn off my powerheads and target feed the corals.

I don't think common zoas with accept any food. I've never seen a zoanthid take anything. Palythoa will take meaty foods, but that's not what I see in the picture. I think you are wasting your time, money, and water quality.

I don't think common zoas with accept any food. I've never seen a zoanthid take anything. Palythoa will take meaty foods, but that's not what I see in the picture. I think you are wasting your time, money, and water quality.

Your crazy a little Dr. G cyclopize and coral frenzy and 90% of them take it. If they close up on in there eating

Doesn't matter what people say :) if it works, no harm in trying right. " just want to pluck your zoas and put it in my tank :p" and nice set up too keep it up steve!

So, when I aim a power head at zoanthids, or touch them with my finger, and they close up, they are eating as well?

I've never seen any difference in growth squirting food at them, nor have I ever seen a polyp take in anything via their mouth. They get everything they need from the water column, and of course, light. I challenge anyone to take a picture of a zoanthid polyp taking in something via their mouth- and I do not mean palythoa.

Back
Top Bottom