Fiji live cured rock from petco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My LFS says it's garbage. Here's a pic of my LR. The one that's redish is the Fiji. I bought the Fiji from petco. The others I bought from my LFS. Exotic corals and fish in Milford ct.

Attachments

• image-2842135010.jpg
    image-2842135010.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 256
at the end of the day, all rock will eventually become live, so just look for shapes you liek of very porus rock

exotic corals and fish is lying to you. chances are, they bought the rock from the exact same place. while i wouldn't expect the petco rock to be fully cured(as with any LFS "fully cured" rock), i would not say it's garbage. it's live rock from fiji. what were you wanting it to be? if the answer, is "cured", then view the above statement.

Well he said that Fiji rock is hand made where as his rock is not. I don't see the diff.

hand made? how is his rock made? i don't know...i would think it's like all the other rock from fiji, and just yanked from the ocean and put in boxes.
google "fiji live rock". you'll see many vendors, and tales about how they get the "good rock"....lol.
it's all the same rock, coming from the same place.
your LFS may have sold you base rock. no life on it at all. i would suspect the colorful rock coming from the ocean before the plain white rock.

The LFS weighted it it was just over 10lbs. But petco didn't weight it they where all different sizes and all the same price.

Well he said that Fiji rock is hand made where as his rock is not. I don't see the diff.

Unless he handmade the rock in Fiji, then he's lying; as Doug stated, it's all from the same place. Also, if the LFS has rock that's really purple, make sure it's not painted, sometimes they are.

If I was you, I'd go to Petco and get the largest pieces I could find (of course a decent weight) and then break them down at home if you need. I'm not sure how large they are or how much they weigh, but if it's less than $5/lb, then you're getting a bargain; most LFS charge $7-15/lb

Petco doesn't weight LR it's $20 for any piece. The LFS was $6 a lb. I'm prob get some more Fiji only because their is a nice coralline algea on it.

Would say it's around 4-5lbs. But that a good idea on carrying something or similar weight.

Well I'm goin to petco tomorrow and hopefully get a deal. Maybe it's best to see when they get shipments in so they're not picked over

Back
Top Bottom