Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-10-2005, 10:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
*Film on top of water on one side of tank?**

55 Gal. Wet/Dry filter, RedSea Protein Skimmer deluxe, 2 powerheads 800, 3 moonlights, 260watt Power Compact Lighting, 50lbs. live rock with 25lbs. coming soon, 4in deep sand bed live sand with crushed coral and fine live sand. I have feather duster, bubble anemone, frog toadstool anemone, sun polyps, few other types of polyps. Maxima Clam, firefish.

I noticed this very light color film on the left side of the tank about 6in worth from the side of the tank to the beginning of the protein skimmer. What can this be? Water levels are fine, Tank has been set up for 3 years.

xxnonamexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:33 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Sound like you need more surface agitation. Point one (or add another) of the PH's up toward the surface towards that area. Should do the trick.
What are all of your water parameters?

quarryshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:50 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I use a hob powerfilter with some carbon in it for a couple days. Tends to clear it right up. I have talked to other folks and seems its just 'trash' in my case. Looks like a layer of dust on the water. More annoying than anything else, if thats what you have.

To fail to plan is to plan to fail.
MarineFlake is offline   Reply With Quote

film, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com