filter for 125gal long?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shemp22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Whats up guys? Im starting a FOWLR 125gal tank and going reef later. Im trying to decide on a filter and had a question about the aqua clear pro 150. It says it pumps 600 gph , will this be all the filtration I need? Also, it comes with a skimmer already attached......is this a good skimmer? Anyone that know anything about this filter would be a big help or if you know of a better setup. One more thing....About how many powerheads for this tank? Thanks :)

Welconme to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
I believe I have the same wet/dry and I am happy with it. The skimmer works well. I woud remove the bioballs and replace them with LR rubble. this will mean you have to keep the water level in the sump a bit higher then they suggest. Just to cover the bioballs. As far as any other filtration goes, I would suggest a 3inch LS substrate and 200-250lbs of LR. This, combined with the sump, would give you great natual filtration. You will need several powerheads. At least 4 maxi-jet 1200s to start. You can add more as needed.

Back
Top Bottom