filter help asap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lamby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok so I have the chance to swap my freshwater filter for a protein skimmer and a wave maker Im just wonderin if the protein skimmer and the live rock will be good enought to filter a 40g or should I look at buying another filter aswell

Do it. Live rock and protein skimmer are always better. How much live rock you have? Do you have a sump?

5-6kg of live rock and about 1.5kg of live sand from the beach thats in my nano 10g at the moment but will be getting another 10-15kg of live rock

and I live across from the beach so sand and water are not a problem

what about lighting at the moment I have a balister which fits. the length of the tank its 2x30w but its got a sunlight an tropical do I only need one marine white light or 2 with one moon ligjt

I love live rock... you could use anywhere between 40 and 80 LBS of live rock and be perfect. I have a shallow sand bed so I would recommend enough sand to fit 1.5 inches of sand on the bottom. But you could go deep sand bed... if you do that you need atleast 4 inches of sand...

what about lighting at the moment I have a balister which fits. the length of the tank its 2x30w but its got a sunlight an tropical do I only need one marine white light or 2 with one moon ligjt

Depends on what tank you are making... reef tank with corals or no corals... you will need a lot more lighting for corals...

think il put like 1.5inchs of sand just for looks i literaly only just added sand to my nano last night its been set up for a few months now so this will be another slow build

only low light Im thinking of doing a proditor tank with a lion fish and ribon moray

Then that should be enough light and sand... I would get one atnic bulb and one marine white bulb.

whats the atnic bulb is that the blue one or just another white one

and not sure on sump just yet probaly not for now maby later on in the year

whats the atnic bulb is that the blue one or just another white one

It's the blue one... but you could get just whites... just depends on the look you want. And I recommend a sump. So just keep on your way and the tank will be perfect soon enough!

yeah im going to do a sump but my stand is weird shape so getting a mate to build a custom sump for me

Back
Top Bottom