filter media for a sump?...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a filter sock to catch the big stuff, skimmer, sand, live rock and cheato. Seems to be working good so far. You can also add reactors.

How often do u change the socks?... and i run on only socks, sand,and rock?

Ohh... i herd of people saying that they change them every day... so would the socks with rock and sand with out the alge work?..

Those people usually have bigger fish, so they poop more and clogs up the socks over time. This leads to changing the sock every other daY or few day. Algae is not needed, but recommended. You can just have sock, sand, and rock if you wish.

Ok... thank you for the advise.. im new at this and trying to learn and succeed in this hobby..=)

And for the piping for the sump... do i just run one from the overflow to the sumps fit section or slit it to were the skimmer is?..

Woa thats simple... thanks... any control vaulves needed or anything?..

I like to use a canister sponge that'll reach across the tank and set it on my first baffle to the bubble trap to my return section..helps keep any debris making it into there and an added benefit is gives it a smoother "pour" down the section which I believe helps stop the bubbles sooner..I tend to clean the sponge thoughly every couple days though so that it does not build up any nitrates

Filter sock can be a pain. Much less effort need to skip the filter socks and run a skimmer rated 2 to 3 times the volume of your tank. When I stopped using socks my cyano went away

Ugh a little to late..=( my skimmer is for 65g and i have a 60g... =(

Back
Top Bottom