Filter Position Matter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LiQuiD

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey Everyone,

Just got my new 55 gallon long, and am ordering the Aquaclear 110 for it. Does the position of the filter matter for best results? I was thinking of having it near the middle, but would prefer having it off to the side.

Thanks!

It doesn't matter but because the 55 is rather long, if you start having flow problems you can always just grab a powerhead.

You should be fine though. (y)

It doesn't matter but because the 55 is rather long, if you start having flow problems you can always just grab a powerhead.

You should be fine though. (y)

Thanks Icy. Fairly new to the hobbie so not sure what a power head is. How about heater position?

EDIT: Looked up power head, and now know what they are. I have seen them quite a bit, just unsure of what they were.

Thanks Icy. Fairly new to the hobbie so not sure what a power head is. How about heater position?

since its freshwater you dont need a tonne of flow. itll be fine almost anywhere as far as im concerned. put the heater where water will flow over it.

EDIT: Looked up power head, and now know what they are. I have seen them quite a bit, just unsure of what they were.

There is a lot of debate about heater placement, personally I just put it by the filter output or input, but you don't really need to.

Prime is a water conditioner from Seachem that make tap water save for aqueriums it removes Chlorine,Chloramine,ammonia and detoxifies Nitrite and nitrate and also promotes a slime coat for fish.

Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What I mean is how does it help the question that the OP asked? Not trying to be rude, just wondering haha.

Prime is a water conditioner from Seachem that make tap water save for aqueriums it removes Chlorine,Chloramine,ammonia and detoxifies Nitrite and nitrate and also promotes a slime coat for fish.

Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

as far as I know it binds them, not remove, either way this does not help OP

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom