Filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnnyd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I saw in another tread to not use bio balls. Use live rock ruble only .The question is that I'm cycling the tank as i type. Can I swap the bio balls out for the LR ruble at any time. Also can i add LR to the tank during the cycle or wait till after. I dont plan on anything goin into the tank anytime soon. I want to make sure everything is on the up and up. I dont want to waste money.

Last edited:
Try editing your post so we can understand it more. The whole thing is like, one sentence and is hard to comprehend. I'm not bashing on you, but you will get more responses if it is more clear.

You can add LR later but it will need to be cured before you can add it. At least now you can add it, cure your LR and cycle the tank at the same time. It would save time and money to do it all now.

It is a great idea to swap out the bioballs for LR rubble. As mentioned, the best time to do it is now, while your tank is cycling.

This may be a silly question but can I leave the bio balls and put the LR rubble in the refugium section on the sand?

You sure can. That would be a great breeding ground for pods.

Back
Top Bottom