Filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only if the water flow is stressing or is too much for your fish. Can you adjust the filter's flow?

Not really... I have a 50g on a 10.... As long as it doesn't look funny cuz it's so big and still fits... Who cares? It works :-/

No I can't adjust it's flow and it made my tank all shinny. I had one that was for a 15. But this one is a canister

What fish do you have in your tank? If your fish are ok with the water flow then you are fine. My tank is 125g but my filter is rated for 400g. At one time my total filter was good for 550g in a 125g. You should be alright.

I forgot this is for a salt water tank. I don't know anything about the fish. Search if they like fast or slow water flow. IMO, I think your filter is a great filtration for your tank. People say to divide what the filter is rated for in half and that is how many gallons the filter is good for. In your case, your filter is rated for 70g. Divide that in half = 35g. I would consider your filter good for only up to 35g. You should be good :)

Back
Top Bottom