Filter sock !!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you mean replace or just clean? I tend to clean mine every 5 days. Really you just wanna make sure they aren't overflowing from build-up.

When it's dirty????!?
Sorry, couldn't resist. Once to twice a week is probably sufficient unless you're seeing a lot of trapped particulate matter in it.

Well I see mine turning brown , I just want to get people's opinions , like how often do you guys change them , or what's the best way to go ? Cleaning them or changing them ? And if I clean it how many times can I clean it before I have to buy a new one

I just use tap water, personally. Since they aren't a significant source of biological filtration, I'm not overly concerned with killing bacteria in them. Just be sure to let it dry completely before replacing. It helps to have more than one. I've heard of some people turning them inside out and using the laundry machine (with no soap) but I'd advise against letting a wife know about this!

I turn mine inside out and spray it with high pressure nozzle from a garden hose. Then rinse in used tank water (on it's way out) or RO water, no need to dry it. turn it back and put back into operation. You can clean them several times but I usually only do it once or twice.

Back
Top Bottom