Filteration Order?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CP_ThunderGod

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
If I wanted to do it perfectly...

Water would travel from the overflow box through a prefilter then skimmer, bioballs, then finally through a uv steralizer and return from the steralizer into the tank?

Is that the best way?

Should I put the steralizer on the return pump or will it be too powerful and diminish the kill rate? or where should I place the intake and output of the steralizer?

I wanted to use a powerful pump to branch off to 2 or three and run the returns on the top of the water.

The sterilizer should definitely not be put on the intake or return of the filter. You should have a separate pump on the sterilizer, preferable on the lower end of the recommended gph for your particular sterilizer.

Water would travel from the overflow box through a prefilter then skimmer, bioballs, then finally through a uv steralizer and return from the steralizer into the tank?

Is that the best way?

Yep ;)

I also agree with Guage, unless the UV sterilizer is huge, it will not have a very efficient kill rate with that much water going through it.

Back
Top Bottom