Filtering a Nano?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412258429.826697.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412258452.417510.jpg

You sure the 18" wouldn't be a better option?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, I looked over there site quickly...they really don't provide information that I'd want to know before using something like this to keep my corals alive.
What I do know about these lights is that they are used over planted tanks, but see nothing regarding them keeping corals. This would concern me regarding these lights not being made to supply the 10k and up you want to look for when it comes to keeping coral.
I would highly suggest not using these lights to keep coral. There are other options that are actually viable.

Well, I looked over there site quickly...they really don't provide information that I'd want to know before using something like this to keep my corals alive.
What I do know about these lights is that they are used over planted tanks, but see nothing regarding them keeping corals. This would concern me regarding these lights not being made to supply the 10k and up you want to look for when it comes to keeping coral.
I would highly suggest not using these lights to keep coral. There are other options that are actually viable.

So I'm actually liking these Par LED's.

I've just found this one:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412265549.779865.jpg

It has 3 Blue LED's and 2 Purple UV LED's.

This is an example pic from the site:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412265610.034543.jpg

It's definitely reef-capable but I've got 2 main problems with it.

1. It's non-dimmable (not a serious problem, just would prefer some control)

2. It's a tad too Blue for my liking.

Apart from these 2 points, it's quite an attractive offer.

Right then, these 2 are now my new choices:

The fitting:ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412267272.536393.jpg

The bulb:ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412267296.888005.jpg

Please tell me these are ok ?

That's a par20 bulb. You want par38.

I'll only be keeping soft corals, multiple reviews say this is more than enough.. And the 38 is 3x the price..

I'm not an expert on these units, only passing along what I know will keep corals.
And it also comes that everyone starts out with soft and ends up upgrading so they can keep more intensive lighting coral like sps. This is why I normally suggest the taotronics led panel, but it is too large for a 10.

I'm not an expert on these units, only passing along what I know will keep corals.
And it also comes that everyone starts out with soft and ends up upgrading so they can keep more intensive lighting coral like sps. This is why I normally suggest the taotronics led panel, but it is too large for a 10.

Yeah, I was thinking just start with one par20 in the center just for the simple corals, then pick up another one later on.
Also I highly doubt I'll get into SPS in any time soon, LPS is a possibility tho.

Just a lil update, if anyone's interested..

I'm looking at getting a HoB Protein Skimmer along with this setup in the form of an AcuaticLife 115.

Back
Top Bottom