filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hockeydude15

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just set up a 38 gal saltwater tank with a seaclone 100 skimmer. It hasnt been collecting any foam, but im assuming it takes about a day? Also I was wondering if I should use my extra penguin biowheel filter. My LFS said I dont need it but ive seen saltwater tanks with them.

I don't think u really need the biowheel filter except for the flow.. anyways, I have seaclone 150 and It does an ok job.. I kinda think its really weak but I have seen red prizm skimmer take out more skimmate... U just have to wait.. It can take days to adjust it.. so just keep doing it until you get it right. As for the filter.. maybe some fluval 204-205... or just get some powerheads.... and If u already have enough flow, try to get some more of the natural way of filtering it.. LR, Macro Algae, etc..

You really dont need a filter with a skimmer and plenty of LR. On the other hand you might want to run the filter to use GAC in your tank. GAC is only good for about a week or two. I run the emporer Bio wheel in my 29 gallon FOWLR tank with GAC.

I've never used a skimmer, but I have read, it can take a few weeks to break in.....

Back
Top Bottom