filtration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeNero1331

Aquarium Advice Regular
Aside from a fuge and a protien skimmer, do the rest of you use additional filters? I'm just curious.

Thanks!

I have a wet/dry with 2/3 of the bio balls removed. It has a built in protien skimmer. I have roughly 1#/g of LR in my tank for filtration.

Yeah...I've been gradually increasing my lr. Wasn't sure if I should have some type of mechanical filtration as well.

rubble for the water to pour over then through a filter for polishing and into the skimmer/return side of the sump..I also use a HOB filter if the water gets a little dusty around the surface, though its usually an indicator that my overflow needs attention..

GL!

I use a emporer 400 with the bio wheels removed that I run Carbon or Po4 Sponge in when needed. But normaly it's just adding to my flow.

No. I have some filter fluff and LR rubble in my sump (in the fuge and in the baffles of the bubble trap), along with macroalgae. I just change the filter fluff when it gets brown and rinse the sponge covering my pump intake. I have a quickfilter that I can attach to one of my 2 PHs to use carbon or for additional water-polishing just before guests come over!!

Back
Top Bottom