Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-19-2014, 11:38 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macscale View Post
Also, you don't care to explain how you will "nurture" the fish. Which just goes to show that you don't know about the caring of this animal.
IMO - Your not fit to run a tank yet.

I'm curious myself and couldn't agree with you anymore. Another thread, he claims to know nothing about SW.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Old 10-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

FINAL List of Equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCXGT View Post
Haha, all I've said is that your opinion is not gospel and you're biting my head off...

I'll just pop off now since I couldn't give a rats arse about this type of confrontation.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Unfortunately no, you didn't say my opinion Is not gospel. You basically denied the most commonly accepted guideline for this fish.
Nobody bit your head off, I gave you sites to verify the information, and where I came from.
Then elaborated on a point earlier mentioned, which you refused to explain, as you had only used it to make your case sound better.
In your other thread, "Filtering a Nano" you admittedly said that you have no experience and are lost, as stated by Treeman. I tried to help you there, and you did the same thing. I resorted to letting you take the "victory" and then talked around the incompetence that some theories had brought up. Not yours, just some of the ones in general.
I know you are trying very hard to
Get this right, but I fear you are just overcomplicating things.
Two clowns Id say no but one is doable, but I wouldn't.
I like that you have decided to use the HOB, because it will make life easier. As Sniper suggested, the skimmer isn't really necessary on this tank size.
Would you mind providing a link to the light you are purchasing? I have never heard of it and would like to look at it.
As for flow, a 240 will do some good, but I'd recommend a 420 still.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:40 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macscale View Post
Unfortunately no, you didn't say my opinion Is not gospel. You basically denied the most commonly accepted guideline for this fish.
Nobody bit your head off, I gave you sites to verify the information, and where I came from.
Then elaborated on a point earlier mentioned, which you refused to explain, as you had only used it to make your case sound better.
In your other thread, "Filtering a Nano" you admittedly said that you have no experience and are lost, as stated by Treeman. I tried to help you there, and you did the same thing. I resorted to letting you take the "victory" and then talked around the incompetence that some theories had brought up. Not yours, just some of the ones in general.
I know you are trying very hard to
Get this right, but I fear you are just overcomplicating things.
Two clowns Id say no but one is doable, but I wouldn't.
I like that you have decided to use the HOB, because it will make life easier. As Sniper suggested, the skimmer isn't really necessary on this tank size.
Would you mind providing a link to the light you are purchasing? I have never heard of it and would like to look at it.
As for flow, a 240 will do some good, but I'd recommend a 420 still.

Right.. I've cooled down a tad since earlier, I know I was being a moron, my apologies.

Clowns, while I know people DO keep them in 10G's I realise that the bio load in particular is a reason to leave them.
In fact I'm wavering in favour of a Damsel over a Clown.

The light link: http://www.marine-reef.co.uk/quadspe...sion-311-p.asp
It was between this and just a simple PAR20/38 bulb.

I ordered the Powerhead yesterday, I was set on the 900 (240) but right at the last second I went with the 1600 instead.

Not 100% on the skimmer, it was just food for thought.

I'm also considering swapping out the 200w heater for a 50w.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/a....cfm?c=15+2124 was an excellent source I used when researching about stocking my 10g nano. I eventually chose a pistol shrimp/goby combo for their symbiotic relationship. It has worked out quite well and I'll be upgrading to a 40b setup in the near future, and will be using that link again for future stocking ideas. hth

Old 10-19-2014, 03:58 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemanone2003 View Post
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/a....cfm?c=15+2124 was an excellent source I used when researching about stocking my 10g nano. I eventually chose a pistol shrimp/goby combo for their symbiotic relationship. It has worked out quite well and I'll be upgrading to a 40b setup in the near future, and will be using that link again for future stocking ideas. hth

Very handy site there...
I'd love to buy off them, shame they don't ship abroad.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCXGT View Post
Very handy site there...
I'd love to buy off them, shame they don't ship abroad.

I love to use them as a base to start with and then expand my research from there.

Too bad you're on the other side of the "big pond". I don't know of any on that side that could be close to their level (bad word) of abilities. Perhaps a search of different keywords (wholesale, importer, etc) could be helpful in locating a similar business ? Just a thought.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:35 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

That sounds good. The light should be perfect. The flow change was a good choice.
I personally don't like damsels because they're a bit aggressive. I'd look into a clown goby and shrimp goby or something like that.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:57 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

FINAL List of Equipment

I've actually decided to donate the 'skimmer fund' towards an RODI unit..

I did some maths and worked out that the unit I found would pay for itself in 41 water changes as opposed to buying premixed from the LFS.

The unit I mentioned: http://www.ro-world.co.uk/acatalog/F...stems.html#a55

Old 10-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #29
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I'm at work and can't look at the link, but a 5 stage would be better if you can find one. Not familiar at all with what is available across the pond.

Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

That light will work, but it definitely won't give you full coverage over your tank. For its price, I might look for other options.

Tags
equipment, fin

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com