FINAL List of Equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have but I've not used it yet due to moving house. A friend from work has one and is pleased with it

I have but I've not used it yet due to moving house. A friend from work has one and is pleased with it

I got the 24" one, hopefully I can adjust it down to 19" without too much hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They are pretty simple to use. They can hold about 40kg apparently so pretty strong

They are pretty simple to use. They can hold about 40kg apparently so pretty strong

Tough little thing...
Weird how it was EXACTLY what I was looking for.. Literally how it was pictured in my head.

Me too! Not allowed to drill walls/ceilings and can't justify paying £100s for one

Right... The fixture came and so did the light.

This is what I've managed so far..

I know it's far too much for a 10G but I'm planning for the future.

Question: is it mounted too low? I'd say it'd be around 6" above the water line.

Its dimmable so it should be fine where it is. At full power 10 inches above the water line it should have a little over 400 par 6 inches below the surface

Its dimmable so it should be fine where it is. At full power 10 inches above the water line it should have a little over 400 par 6 inches below the surface

Coolio...

I was wondering, is there any way to tell what intensity to run at without using a PAR-ometer?

Coolio...

I was wondering, is there any way to tell what intensity to run at without using a PAR-ometer?

Just have to give it a shot and watch how your corals react

At that height on that shallow of a tank you are not going to need to run the light very high. Maybe 15% blue and 7% white to start and then go from there.

At that height on that shallow of a tank you are not going to need to run the light very high. Maybe 15% blue and 7% white to start and then go from there.

Okay, chances are I won't have any corals for a good few months so I guess I won't know till then.

Back
Top Bottom