ok, i got a used 20 gal
and stand, (for $35 if anyone cares). and i might get launched this thing in the next month or so, just some last minute questions
1. about cycling a new tank with LR
, im not about to dive into $100 dollars of LR
for 20 lbs. how much LR
should i use when wanting to cycle a tank, obviously the more the faster, but i dont want to put 5lbs in and have it take so long, that i loose all the little critters, but not so much that im dishing out my bank account. i plan on getting some base rock to compensate for the rest of the LR
2. how long does this method tank (i know it varies, but approx.)
3. i'd like to get a watchman goby, an o clown, or a tomato clown (maybe both) but i hear varying stories whether the like other clowns.
4. what about tank tops? i hear to leave them exposed, (i guess for water evap purposes), but then i hear to cover them because watchman gobys are escape artist (but then again, they told me my dragon goby would try to escape), what do you do?
5. water turn over rate, i hear to have it be 7-8 times an hour, my penguin 330 sounds right for that?
6. another LR
question. ok im suppose to make sure no LR
sits on top of the sand because it causes bacteria or something?
7. how do you clean up fish waste? using a gravel vac would seem like it would suck up the sand
i really appreciate you guys answering my threads over the last several months. thanks again