Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-26-2003, 02:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hello all.. after 7 weeks of cycling I finally acquired my 2nd addition, a small snowflake eel. ( the first was a damsel, and he is still alive and doing great )He has made himself at home in the live rock and yesterday showed intrest in eating (although he has not yet, the damsel keeps getting to the worms before he can, but i made sure he was eating before buying him... anyway) I wanted some advice on when to get start up the protein skimmer ( bakpak2) Is is to early to do so? Also , just to make sure of myself on this one.. I should wait approximately 2 weeks before introducing the next fish ( probally huma trigger, or lion fish). Right?
Thanks for all your help & support!

orion5221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 03:30 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
The protien skimmer can be added as soon as you want, however it will not do anything until their is enough waste to pull out of the water. I always added skimmers early just to be safe. I would weight 2 weeks to add your next fish.

michealprater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 10:44 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yeah, 2 weeks is fine. If you test your water you will probibly notice a slight increase in ammonia. Once your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates are back to 0 you'll be all set. Just remember to be patient.
saltyfishboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com