I have been attempting a cycle on a 75 Gallon saltwater aquarium for the last five weeks! All my test had a hint of ammonia and no nitrites or nitrates. I have 10 pounds of cured live rock, 40 pounds of Caribsea Primo base rock, and about thirty pounds of diy rock.
Now, initially I used table shrimp in hopes of beginning the cycle, but after a while, and the continuous begging of my kids, I put four green chromis in the tank (please cuss me out later) Still had no measurable nitrites or nitrates.
Well, two days ago I added a couple small table shrimp and began dosing Stress Zyme from API. This is the resulting test two days later. I hope this is a step towards a finished cycle.