Finally, Damped 45 shallow reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright so I've been thinking. I think I'm going to go with a zoa garden on the bare bottom of my tank. Would that be a bad idea? Would it trap detritus? It'll be just on one section of the tank.

I grow mine on rubble easier to frag or move if needed With them growing on rubble chances are the water will flow through it

The aquarium has arrived at the store. Going to be picking it up thursday. While I'm waiting I'll be doing a lights out period on my current tank to get rid of algae that was spread over the rocks. I'll be adding ROWA phos and do a 10-15 gallon water change. Hopefully it'll get rid of the dinoflagellates:(

Just did a leak test, it passed! I put the bracket over it to see how it looks.

Attachments

• image-2002464170.jpg
    image-2002464170.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 101
What do you guys think? I will be moving it from the window and the heater.. Lol.

Attachments

• image-2120274365.jpg
    image-2120274365.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 125
  • image-1103738905.jpg
    image-1103738905.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 110
Actually, I think I'm going to have to keep in there. The blinds will be closed all the time, and the heater at the bottom won't have an effect on the tanks temperature. My stand is 40" tall.

I just found a small chip like scratch in the glass. It's very small, it doesn't show up on camera. It's only on the surface. I'm afraid that it will spread:( I contacted the manufacturer. Yet to hear a response from them.

I don't know:( it's an extremely small chip. It's unnoticeable to the naked eye. Your eye needs to be like 4 inches from the glass to see the chip.

So I went ahead and filled the tank up. The chip is extremely small. The size of a spec of dust. I just got worried lol. I get the overthinking part of me from my mom.

Anyways, here's the tank so far. The rocks you see have been in RO/DI water for 4 days. Every day I changed the water with new rodi water. So it's clean of phsphates. And if there is any phosphates I armed myself with ROWAphos!

The other rock is still in my current setup up.

I have a question to ask you guys. If I were to put all the rock from my current tank into this one, will there be a huge ammonia spike in my current tank because I removed all the rock? Should I keep a few pieces of LR in there? Thanks!

Attachments

• image-740564825.jpg
    image-740564825.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 107
Easier to clean detritus, no sandstorms, I'm going to be having a lot of flow in the tank. Looks cool when it's covered in coraline. Also I've heard it's easier to control nitrates. I'll be having a refugium, a skimmer and if I have extra room I MIGHT add a phosban reactor in the long run.

Easier to clean detritus, no sandstorms, I'm going to be having a lot of flow in the tank. Looks cool when it's covered in coraline. Also I've heard it's easier to control nitrates. I'll be having a refugium, a skimmer and if I have extra room I MIGHT add a phosban reactor in the long run.

The floor will be covered in coraline? Will it stay there forever?

Eventually yes coraline will grow on the bottom. It's pretty difficult to remove once a lot of coraline has formed.

Back
Top Bottom