Finally drilled my rock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterNuB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It's been a work in progress, but it's finally done. I drilled and rodded 175lbs of live rock. What do you think...

image-3131321768.jpg

Attachments

• image-4061087216.jpg
    image-4061087216.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 115
I like it! I need to get some heighth on my rockscape but I dont do good stacking. Did you use acrylic rods? And was it hard to drill the rock or did they break easily? Looks great, now do you want to come do mine? :)

I like it! I need to get some heighth on my rockscape but I dont do good stacking. Did you use acrylic rods? And was it hard to drill the rock or did they break easily? Looks great, now do you want to come do mine? :)

Thanks. Yes I used 3/8" acrylic rods. There were a few pieces of rock that were a pain to drill. Others were quite easy. I had to do sections at a time because I didn't want my parameters to spike due to the rock being out of the water. I tried to do it at the same time as my w/c.

What did you use to drill it? I was thinking concrete bits and a hammer drill

Concrete bits would be what you want to do but the hammer drill would probably cause fault lines in the rock to break and the rock would crumble.

I used a concrete bit or mason bit. I also used my hammer drill but didn't have the hammer switch on,

Back
Top Bottom