Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-25-2005, 05:43 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

IT talks about it in the auction. Keep in mind filter life is dependant on your tap water quality.

They kind of contradict themselves in the listing. Where they show the replacement DI media, it says "on average about 1600 gallons" whereas further in the listing it says "On average it is able to process 500 gallons of RO water."

They don't put a gallon number on the filters. They say to replace the first 3 stages every 12 months, and replace the membrane every 2-3 years. I guess this would depend on how much you use it.

Nate

Old 08-02-2005, 01:23 PM   #12

So I think this guy with the LR screwed us. He said he shipped them last Monday and sent us the tracking number. All week, the UPS tracking said "billing info recieved, but package not picked up." We questioned him a few times about it and he stated UPS did pick it up.

I talked to a buddy that works for UPS and he said he's 100% sure the package would have gotten scanned on pick up, as it's required for the drivers to do so.

I sent a message to the other buyers on this auction and they stated that either they had gotten the rock with A LOT of die-off, or they haden't recieved it yet. And it didn't come in plastic containers with freezer packs as said in the auction.

Nice guy. If he doesn't reply back to us by tomorrow, we're reporting him to Ebay.

Nate

Old 08-03-2005, 12:55 PM   #13

Update:

We reported them to Paypal last night, and lo and behold we got a response today saying they will reship them today. They said they didn't respond to our messages because they were with their kids. Hope they get here by Friday, because if they don't, there's going to be a ton of die off and when I do get them, they're going back.

Nate

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com