I have not been feeding anything at all. I leave the lights on around 8 to 10 hours a day. I only have one of those 5 n 1 quick strips for testing and Nitrate and Nitrite are at 0, Ph is around 8.2ish. I buy my water from Big Als and it reads right at 1.022.
I brought the hair algae into the tank by way of some rubble rock that I got from Petco right when I first started the tank. The only thing that I like about the algae is that one of my original snails that I got so long ago is a big green hairy ball! He also totes around a little feather duster on his shell as well.
I have been thinking about the extra powerhead as well. Its just a matter of picking one up, which I'm going to do tomorrow. Shouldnt be too hard, I work at a pet store.
Thanks for all the responses!