Finally goin salty... My 10 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Homedog98 said:
Ok... So maybe less lol, I think I'll have to order online, but there's a saltwater store about 40 minutes away.

if anything order base from marcosrocks or reefcleaners avoid buyin lr onliine shippins a killer

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
if anything order base from marcosrocks or reefcleaners avoid buyin lr onliine shippins a killer

Ok, i've heard of reefcleaners. Ill look at them. Oh. Maybe when the time comes some amazing members can send me some! ;) ;) lol.

Yep:). Then if you ever decide to go bigger, you can use a piece out of the 10g to seed the new tank :)

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
lol i would love too lol maybe i could buy sum lr and ship it to you

That could also work lol, but I need to save up first lol. I'm guessing the minimum stuff to start will be around 200 give or take. I have 20, but I need to put at least 60 aside to finish stocking the 29. Time to start doing some petsitting lol.

huma-huma said:
Hey I'd be up for shipping some, but I'm not sure how effective shipping lr would be

What state are you in? If you're close it'd probably be more likely to make it.

I think it is really cool that you are going saltie homedog! I tried to go saltie a few months ago (I actually had the 29 gallon Bio cube and everything) but then buyers remorse set in :'(. Good luck with your salt! I will be following!

huma-huma said:
Grass cutting.....you'll make 200 in no time lol

Bleck lol... Way too hot here. I get way more for baby and petsitting with the plus of doing it in the AC lol. I just need to get myself out there (new neighborhood)

fishfanatic said:
I think it is really cool that you are going saltie homedog! I tried to go saltie a few months ago (I actually had the 29 gallon Bio cube and everything) but then buyers remorse set in :'(. Good luck with your salt! I will be following!

Thanks! Feel free to comment and post questions whenever! It's the best way to learn I'm finding.

Sounds like good advice so far. :) I also would go with the least amount of LR to avoid the expense. You might wanna call that fish store thats a whiles away and just ask. Alot of stores sell it and they might even have base rock too. :)

Filter I would have biomedia and filter floss for shining up the water. I buy a roll of the blue and white filter stuff and cut it to size. Then whenever it looks gunky I can just replace it. A roll of that stuff cost me $3.

carey said:
Sounds like good advice so far. :) I also would go with the least amount of LR to avoid the expense. You might wanna call that fish store thats a whiles away and just ask. Alot of stores sell it and they might even have base rock too. :)

Filter I would have biomedia and filter floss for shining up the water. I buy a roll of the blue and white filter stuff and cut it to size. Then whenever it looks gunky I can just replace it. A roll of that stuff cost me $3.

I'll probably just go over and ask. I'm staying at my gmas in a week or two, and she's only like 5 minutes away from it, so I'll ask her to take me. Where might I find said filter floss? Lol.

I use the filter pads that people use in wet drys. It has a blue front and white background. I just cut out a rectangle and fold it over. You also can use regualr old poly fill that you can get at a craft store. Just make sure there are no additives, like flame retardency or anti mildew. About $3 a bag and it will last forever. lol

I'll look into it. :) just curios... Could I use the sponge pad the AC filter comes with?

You could add some, but they are really really tiny. i cant find my fish and inverts in my 4g LOL. I was gonna get 3 sexy's for my pico but the size has put me off.

You could add someinto your tank though if you want. They are a little pricey too. Oh, I heard they like to be in 3's. :-D

carey said:
You could add some, but they are really really tiny. i cant find my fish and inverts in my 4g LOL. I was gonna get 3 sexy's for my pico but the size has put me off.

You could add someinto your tank though if you want. They are a little pricey too. Oh, I heard they like to be in 3's. :-D

I might just add one to make her happy lol. Could I do one sexy and 2 peppermint, or is that pushing it?

I've heard the sexy shrimp need to be in groups of 3. Idon't know why but thats what i was told. lol Thats why I was gonna dd 3 to my pico.

You could do 2 peppermints, if there small and some of the sexy's. Thye have like no bio load so they are like freebies. hehe

Back
Top Bottom