Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-16-2011, 06:03 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfanatic
I think it is really cool that you are going saltie homedog! I tried to go saltie a few months ago (I actually had the 29 gallon Bio cube and everything) but then buyers remorse set in :'(. Good luck with your salt! I will be following!
Thanks! Feel free to comment and post questions whenever! It's the best way to learn I'm finding.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Sounds like good advice so far. I also would go with the least amount of LR to avoid the expense. You might wanna call that fish store thats a whiles away and just ask. Alot of stores sell it and they might even have base rock too.

Filter I would have biomedia and filter floss for shining up the water. I buy a roll of the blue and white filter stuff and cut it to size. Then whenever it looks gunky I can just replace it. A roll of that stuff cost me $3.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:29 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Sounds like good advice so far. I also would go with the least amount of LR to avoid the expense. You might wanna call that fish store thats a whiles away and just ask. Alot of stores sell it and they might even have base rock too.

Filter I would have biomedia and filter floss for shining up the water. I buy a roll of the blue and white filter stuff and cut it to size. Then whenever it looks gunky I can just replace it. A roll of that stuff cost me $3.
I'll probably just go over and ask. I'm staying at my gmas in a week or two, and she's only like 5 minutes away from it, so I'll ask her to take me. Where might I find said filter floss? Lol.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Lfs should have it
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:38 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I use the filter pads that people use in wet drys. It has a blue front and white background. I just cut out a rectangle and fold it over. You also can use regualr old poly fill that you can get at a craft store. Just make sure there are no additives, like flame retardency or anti mildew. About $3 a bag and it will last forever. lol
Old 07-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #36

I'll look into it. just curios... Could I use the sponge pad the AC filter comes with?
Old 07-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #37

Ok, my sister requested sexy shrimp... Is there any way it could work? lol
Old 07-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You could add some, but they are really really tiny. i cant find my fish and inverts in my 4g LOL. I was gonna get 3 sexy's for my pico but the size has put me off.

You could add someinto your tank though if you want. They are a little pricey too. Oh, I heard they like to be in 3's.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:21 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
You could add some, but they are really really tiny. i cant find my fish and inverts in my 4g LOL. I was gonna get 3 sexy's for my pico but the size has put me off.

You could add someinto your tank though if you want. They are a little pricey too. Oh, I heard they like to be in 3's.
I might just add one to make her happy lol. Could I do one sexy and 2 peppermint, or is that pushing it?
Old 07-17-2011, 02:35 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I've heard the sexy shrimp need to be in groups of 3. Idon't know why but thats what i was told. lol Thats why I was gonna dd 3 to my pico.

You could do 2 peppermints, if there small and some of the sexy's. Thye have like no bio load so they are like freebies. hehe

Tags
10 gallon, build, salt

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com