Finally Gonna go Saltwater - 29 Gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, I decided today that I am tired of the maintenance on the canister filter on this tank. I have a penguin biowheel 350 that I am going to use. What should I put in it? I have live rock rubble that I can use or whatever you guys think. Please help!

I put filter floss in it for now. What do you guys run in them? Carbon, purigen, floss, rubble? I dont know.

spoonman said:
I put filter floss in it for now. What do you guys run in them? Carbon, purigen, floss, rubble? I dont know.

I'd put some rubble at the bottom, purige/carbon next, then floss on top:)

Thanks Gboy! Appreciate the response. Have never used an HOB on salt before and am tired of maintaining the canister.

Haha i really liked my hob filter on our last tank :) it was easy to work, never had to clean it, and it proveded a good amount of flow so i didnt have to use 2 powerheads.. :)

Spoonman your tank looks AWESOME! I plan on starting a 29g at the end of this month. The light that you have on your tank how well do you like it? I was planning on getting the same one and just wondering how good it was.

Spoonman do you have any updated pics of your tank since you switched the filtration? Also what kind of powerheads are you using in your tank?

I will take some new pictures today when the lights come on. Will post this afternoon. I am using 2 koralia 550's for powerheads.

Spoonman your tank is AMAZING. You have given me something to shoot for when I sit up my 29. Your tank is not over crowded like some of the ones I've seen. I love your aquascape and also how your sand is higher on one side.
I have a question. Do you think 2 maxi-jet 400 will work well in a 29. They have 500 gph will this be enough.

I think that would work fine. The koralia's that I have are 550, so you should be ok. Thanks for the compliments!

Do you have a shrimp to go with your goby? What kind of fish is the blue one that you have? Do you run a big cuc because I didn't see any snails or anything like that in your tank? How much rock do you have in your tank and is it all live rock? Sorry for all of the questions I'm just wanting to set my tank up right the first time.

Do you have a shrimp to go with your goby? Nope, just the goby.
What kind of fish is the blue one that you have? It is a pygmy or cherub angel.
Do you run a big cuc because I didn't see any snails or anything like that in your tank? I have about 3 or 4 nassarius snails and a couple hermits
How much rock do you have in your tank and is it all live rock? I started with about 30 lbs of base rock (lace rock) and 10 lbs of live cured rock.
Sorry for all of the questions I'm just wanting to set my tank up right the first time. No problem, I will answer all the questions you have.

I have a question about your 240 planted tank. Did you have the plants growing before you put the fish in our did you add everything at about the same time?

Lovin the tank! Sooo much stuff going on in there, it looks great! Were those duncans? (the coral that you had a hard time with) :)

Yes, for some reason when I do videos of my tanks, that is the one coral I can never remember. Too funny!

Haha i love duncans! :)i really like the scape too, looks really natural. Not sure which tank i like more as of right now... Your 75 or 29....

Check out my 75 thread. Picked up a new (to me) 75 off of craigslist. It is 8 months old. It is drilled in the same place and now I need to figure out how to switch everything without killing anything.

Back
Top Bottom